South Mountain Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is Laveen’s newest martial arts academy. It brings world-class Jiu-Jitsu instruction for preschool, kids, teens, and adults.
What is Jiu-Jitsu and why should you incorporate its practice?
We believe it is not solely a martial art; it is also a method for promoting physical fitness.
Here are 10 reasons we believe everyone (Kids and Adults) should try Jiu-Jitsu:
- Jiu-jitsu is a great source of cardiovascular exercise that promotes good overall health.
- Jiu-jitsu is a great core workout that helps a person with overall stability and balance.
- In addition to the health benefits, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu teaches very important self-defense techniques that may help to save a person’s life if caught in a situation with a physically aggressive opponent.
- When a person knows how to defend himself or herself physically, they feel more confident!
- Jiu-jitsu is a very family-oriented sport. It’s a lifestyle that can be practiced by a family as a whole.
- The more well-versed a person is in jiu-jitsu, the more they learn to be calm under pressure, which can help a person learn to relax during normal hectic problems of their daily encounters.
- Since jiu-jitsu is a close contact martial art with many training partners, it’s a great way to make friends.
- Promotes a healthy diet. Whether a person trains competitively or leisurely, it’s common for practitioners of the sport to adopt the entire jiu-jitsu lifestyle, which entails a healthy diet.
- Learning the intricate jiu-jitsu techniques helps promote problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Jiu-Jitsu is for everybody, regardless of age, sex, or physical limitations! Based on the gentle nature of jiu-jitsu, its range of practitioners is vast! Kids start Jiu Jitsu as young as 3 years old!
South Mountain Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu offers the following programs for Phoenix, Laveen, and South Mountain residents:
- Parent & Child BJJ (3-5yrs) classes
- Preschool BJJ (3-5yrs) classes
- Kids BJJ (6-11yrs) classes
- Teen BJJ (12-17yrs) classes
- Adult BJJ (18yrs+) classes
- Women’s BJJ (12yrs+) classes
Come and try South Mountain Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes for yourself.
Fill out the form at this link: https://southmountainjiujitsu.com/